The do’s and don’ts of Section 12J investmentsFebruary 16, 2019
Frequently Asked Section 12J QuestionsFebruary 21, 2019
We are excited to inform you that the CMV Group have obtained a 12J Investment Company by the name PERSEUS VC1 LTD (FSP License No 48973).
We encourage you to read through the information below, and to consider it to invest in this highly tax friendly and profitable product.
An investment into our 12J company has numerous advantages, such as:
- The investment is in total tax deductible, which means that the tax saving could be as much as 45% on the amount invested. You will be issued with a Tax Certificate for the deduction.
- The objective is to provide exceptionally good long-term returns.
- If dividends of only 6% are declared by Perseus, the effective rate of return could be as high as 13,56% per annum, tax free, taking the initial tax incentive into calculation.
- This objective will be achieved through taking up significant shareholdings in a diversified portfolio of companies, which mean that dividends (tax free) are receivable as soon as the qualifying companies is profitable.
- Perseus can execute this strategy as it is directed and managed by a team of professionals from CMV directly. CMV will also be involved in the qualifying companies either directly as management or as Accountants.
- Strict investment criteria combined with a robust due diligence processes will be followed to identify the qualifying companies.
- This is a long-term investment for a minimum period of five years.
- The objective will be for Perseus to be listed in future, adding the benefit that the shares will be tradable on the stock exchange.
- Perseus as well as the qualifying companies will be subjected to independent supervision by a key individual and is registered with the Financial Services Board (FSB) as a Licenced Financial Services Provider in term of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002 and the South African Revenue Services as a Venture Capital Company in terms of Section 12J of the Income Tax Act 1962.
To benefit from this tax advantage as soon as the 2019 tax year, the investment must be made before the end of February 2019.
An investment before 28 February 2019 will reduce your 2nd Provisional tax payment, and/or your 2019 PAYE deduction.
Please call us at 012 991 4400 to set up a meeting with Charl Mocke, Christo Lourens or Christo Bosch should you need to discuss this in more detail.