An investment into our 12J company has numerous advantages, such as:
- The investment is in total tax deductible, which means that the tax saving could be as much as 45% on the amount invested. You will be issued with a Tax Certificate for the deduction.
- The objective is to provide exceptionally good long-term returns.
- If dividends of only 6% are declared by Perseus, the effective rate of return could be as high as 13,56% per annum, tax free, taking the initial tax incentive into calculation.
- This objective will be achieved through taking up significant shareholdings in a diversified portfolio of companies, which mean that dividends (tax free) are receivable as soon as the qualifying companies is profitable.
- Perseus can execute this strategy as it is directed and managed by a team of professionals from CMV directly. CMV will also be involved in the qualifying companies either directly as management or as Accountants.
- Strict investment criteria combined with a robust due diligence processes will be followed to identify the qualifying companies.
- This is a long-term investment for a minimum period of five years.
- The objective will be for Perseus to be listed in future, adding the benefit that the shares will be tradable on the stock exchange.
- Perseus, as well as the qualifying companies, will be subjected to independent supervision by a key individual and is registered with the Financial Services Board (FSB) as a Licenced Financial Services Provider in term of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002 and the South African Revenue Services as a Venture Capital Company in terms of Section 12J of the Income Tax Act 1962.